Retail Price: $2,325
DIR receives a discount off of the retail price shown.
Click here to access the DIR discount list.
This course teaches you how to make use of advanced SQL techniques to access DB2 databases in different environments. This course is appropriate for customers working in all DB2 environments, specifically for z/OS, Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
Discuss basic relational database concepts
- Use some of the OLAP features of DB2, such as GROUPing and RANKing functions
- Create tables, views and indexes
- Use referential integrity, check constraints and triggers
- Use outer joins, and join tables to themselves
- Use CASE expressions, and the CAST function
- Identify the impact of Summary Tables, Materialized Query Tables, and temporary tables
- Use complex subqueries
- Use a greater number of scalar SQL functions
- Use advanced SQL constructs, such as recursive SQL and table expressions
- Define User-Defined Distinct Types and User-Defined Functions
- Avoid several of the most common causes for poorly-performing SQL
1 - Introduction
2 - Create Objects
3 - Join
4 - CASE, CAST, Summary Tables, and Materialized Query Tables
5 - Using Subqueries
6 - Scalar Functions
7 - Table Expressions and Recursive SQL
8 - UDTs/UDFs and Performance
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.