Retail Price: $3,475
DIR receives a discount off of the retail price shown.
Click here to access the DIR discount list.
This course covers network defense and incident response methods, tactics, and procedures that are in alignment with industry frameworks such as NIST 800-61r2 (Computer Security Incident Handling Guide), US-CERT's National Cyber Incident Response Plan (NCIRP), and Presidential Policy Directive (PPD)-41 on Cyber Incident Coordination. It is ideal for candidates who have been tasked with the responsibility of monitoring and detecting security incidents in information systems and networks, and for executing standardized responses to such incidents. The course introduces tools, tactics, and procedures to manage cybersecurity risks, defend cybersecurity assets, identify various types of
common threats, evaluate the organization's security, collect and analyze cybersecurity intelligence, and remediate and report incidents as they occur. This course provides a comprehensive methodology for individuals responsible for defending the cybersecurity of their organization. This course is designed to assist students in preparing for the CertNexus CyberSec First Responder (Exam CFR-410) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation. In addition, this course and subsequent certification (CFR-410) meet all requirements for personnel requiring DoD directive 8570.01-M position certification baselines:
CSSP Infrastructure Support
CSSP Incident Responder
The course and certification also meet all criteria for the following Cybersecurity Maturity Model
Certification (CMMC) domains:
Incident Response (IR)
Audit and Accountability (AU)
Risk Management (RM)
This course may earn a Credly Badge.
In this course, you will identify, assess, respond to, and protect against security threats and operate a system and network security analysis platform. You will:
- Assess cybersecurity risks to the organization.
- Analyze the threat landscape.
- Analyze various reconnaissance threats to computing and network environments.
- Analyze various attacks on computing and network environments.
- Analyze various post-attack techniques.
- Assess the organization's security posture through auditing, vulnerability management, and penetration testing.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence from various network-based and host-based sources.
- Analyze log data to reveal evidence of threats and incidents.
- Perform active asset and network analysis to detect incidents.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents using containment, mitigation, and recovery tactics.
- Investigate cybersecurity incidents using forensic analysis techniques.
1 - Lesson 1: Assessing Cybersecurity Risk
2 - Lesson 2: Analyzing the Threat Landscape
3 - Lesson 3: Analyzing Reconnaissance Threats to Computing and Network Environments
4 - Lesson 4: Analyzing Attacks on Computing and Network Environments
5 - Lesson 5: Analyzing Post-Attack Techniques
6 - Lesson 6: Assessing the Organization's Security Posture
7 - Lesson 7: Collecting Cybersecurity Intelligence
8 - Lesson 8: Analyzing Log Data
9 - Lesson 9: Performing Active Asset and Network Analysis
10 - Lesson 10: Responding to Cybersecurity Incidents
11 - Lesson 11: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.