Retail Price: $2,475.00
DIR receives a discount off of the retail price shown.
Click here to access the DIR discount list.
This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server. This course covers server hardware installation and management, server administration, security and disaster recovery and troubleshooting. This course also prepares you to take the CompTIA Server+ examination (Exam SK0-005).
This course may earn a Credly Badge.
In this course you will:
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, secure and support server hardware and software technologies
- Implement virtualization and storage solutions for local, enterprise and cloud environments
- Understand and comply with disaster recovery and general security procedures
- Be familiar with industry terminology and concepts
- Understand server roles and their interaction in a dynamic computing environment
- Use automation, scripting and virtualization to optimize server management
- Understand on-premise and hybrid server environments to accommodate both enterprise and small business needs
- Understand server administration and troubleshooting both on-premise and remotely
- Be familiar with cloud computing concepts as they apply to server administration and maintenance
1 - Understanding Server Administration Concepts
2 - Understanding Virtualization and Cloud Computing
3 - Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
4 - Managing Physical Assets
5 - Managing Server Hardware
6 - Configuring Storage Management
7 - Installing and Configuring an Operating System
8 - Troubleshooting OS, Application, and Network Configurations
9 - Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
10 - Managing Data Security
11 - Managing Service and Data Availability
12 - Decommissioning Servers
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.