Retail Price: $395
DIR receives a discount off of the retail price shown.
Click here to access the DIR discount list.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine nouns, pronouns, and verbs.
- identify adjectives and adverbs.
- identify prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
- identify some important rules of grammar and some commonly made grammatical errors.
- identify grammar rules regarding correct punctuation.
- identify problematic sentence fragments, run-ons, and comma splices, as well as effective methods of rewriting sentences so that they are clear and complete.
- identify methods for improving word choices.
- identify methods for building effective sentences.
- identify methods for editing text effectively.
- identify methods for avoiding some common errors made by overzealous writers who create hypercorrections in their own work.
1 - Identifying Nouns, Pronouns, and Verbs
- Identify Nouns
- Identify Pronouns
- Identify Verbs
2 - Identifying Adjectives and Adverbs
- Use Adjectives
- Use Adverbs
3 - Identifying Prepositions, Conjunctions, and Interjections
- Use Prepositions
- Use Conjunctions
- Use Interjections
4 - Identifying Rules
- Monitor Sentences
- Monitor Modifiers
- Avoid Common Errors
5 - Identifying Correct Punctuation
- Use Parentheses Correctly
- Use Commas, Semicolons, and Quotation Marks
- Use Numbers, Symbols, and Capitalization Correctly
6 - Identifying Sentence Fragments, Run-ons, and Comma Splices
- Identify Sentence Fragments
- Identify Run-ons, Comma Splices, and Solutions
7 - Improving Word Choices
- Identify Commonly Misused Words
- Identify Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms
8 - Building Effective Sentences
- Identify the Goal
- Consider the Audience
- Consider the Context
9 - Editing Effectively
- Use Correct Spelling
- Achieve Clarity
10 - Avoiding Hypercorrections
- Avoid Hypercorrections
- Achieve Simplicity
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.