Retail Price: $2,395
DIR receives a discount off of the retail price shown.
Click here to access the DIR discount list.
This fast-track course is designed for experienced developers who have prior working knowledge of basic Java 8 or Java 9 and want to take advantage of the newest features of Java 9 that can help improve performance and functionality of Java 9 applications. You will gain invaluable insight into how to leverage Modules, scale applications into multi-core environments, improve performance, and become a more effective Java 9 developer.
Students will leave this course armed with the required skills to improve their Java applications using sound coding techniques and best practices.
- This “skills-centric” course is about 50% hands-on lab and 50% lecture, designed to train attendees in advanced development skills, coupling the most current, effective techniques with the soundest industry practices. Working in a hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert team, attendees will learn to:
- Develop modular applications in Java
- Utilize the tooling that is provided in Java 9 to migrate, monitor and optimize applications
- Use the new JShell tool to quickly test java constructs
- Understand how the implementation of the String class has been updated to decrease the memory footprint
- Use the enhancements made to the Concurrency API, working with Completable Future instance of Thread pools
- Specific Java 9 features that are covered in the course include:
- The Java Module System (project Jigsaw)
- Updated try-with-resources
- Performance enhancements in Java 9
- Multi-Release Jar files
1 - Java 9 Updates
2 - The Java Module system (Jigsaw)
3 - JShell
4 - More Java 9
5 - Multithreading and Concurrency
6 - Reflection and References
7 - Effective Java
8 - Writing High-Performance Applications
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.