Retail Price: $4,250
DIR receives a discount off of the retail price shown.
Click here to access the DIR discount list.
This course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 7 and VMware vCenter Server® 7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size.
This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
This course may earn a Credly Badge.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Install and configure VMware ESXi™ hosts
- Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
- Manage, monitor, back up, and protect vCenter Server Appliance
- Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
- Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
- Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
- Use the vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Create a content library and deploy virtual machines from templates in the library
- Manage virtual machine resource use
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™
- Discuss solutions for managing the vSphere life cycle
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and virtual machines
1 - Course Introduction
2 - Introduction to vSphere and the Software-Defined Data Center
3 - Virtual Machines
4 - vCenter Server
5 - Configuring and Managing Virtual Networks
6 - Configuring and Managing Virtual Storage
7 - Virtual Machine Management
8 - Resource Management and Monitoring
9 - vSphere Clusters
10 - vSphere Lifecycle Management
Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.